After many years and seasons of the Ultimate Fighter, the UFC brings, in my opinion, the most talent-rich season to date. Importing and hand-picking 11 of the top fighters from all-female promotion, Invicta FC. Coached by the two of the top lightweights in the world, Champ Anthony Pettis and final Strikeforce Champion Gilbert Melendez.
Here are some of the details from the UFC:
- must be female, between the ages of 21 and 34 years of age
- have the legal ability to live and work in the United States
- have professional Mixed Martial Arts (MMA) fight experience – holding a winning record (verifiable on Sherdog and MixedMartialArts.com).
- fighters will be required to grapple & hit pads. Please bring appropriate gear.
- Palace Station Hotel, 2411 West Sahara Avenue, Las Vegas, Nevada 89102
- Tryouts will be held in the Grand Ballroom
- Monday, April 28
-Registration begins @ 8:00 a.m. PT
If this season doesn't bring back a former TUF watcher, not much else will besides putting a Pride Grandprix on TUF. The stakes have never been higher as not only will this season's winner be TUF champion, she will also be crowned the first ever UFC Strawweight Champion.
I never been this excited for TUF before, so I would have never looked at the application paper, but found some interesting things. They ask you questions like "What is your ethnicity...What does a UFC contract mean to you... How do you want to improve your life?" Also, from the application paper "Applicants will be notified at the end of the tryouts if they have been selected to participate in the casting finals process. If selected, applicants must be prepared to stay in Las Vegas until Friday, May 2nd, 2014. (TUF will take care of all travel & accommodations during this casting finals process.)"
For full information go to UFC.com