105lbs Atomweight | Invicta FC | born 1985 | 5 ft 2
February 2013 last updated ... see the original article here
Her knockout has appeared on multiple websites including The Huffington Post, MMA Mania, Bleacher Report, Yahoo among many others making her go viral. If you haven't seen what all the buzz is about here it is.
That is a 105lb woman. This knockout was my pick for women's KOTY, and caused Jinh to break her left hand on Darla Harris' face. With the knockout out there, Jinh has noted that it has been difficult to find fights (thank you, Invicta).
- Double threat from southpaw with her left head kick and left straight, power in both especially her left straight
- Isn't lost when it goes to the ground, understands the ground game and will finish by submission if you give her something
- Good distance control, doesn't take much if any damage
- Active lead right hand to deflect punches
- Still young at 28
- 2013 - Finished both her pro atomweight fights in the first round, so not much to say. Sometimes, keeps chin up while striking and you can hear her corner yelling at her about it in the fight against Harris
- September 2012 vs. Jordan McDonald at 110lbs - clinched up and stayed their for most of the fight... not enough urgency in a close fight... improper back take technique causing loss of position. wears full length leggings (personal preference)
- July 2013 R1 TKO - Darla Harris (3-2) - One of the more experienced atomweights, she took #5 atomweight Lacey Schuckman to a decision and loss to Diana Rael, another experienced atomweight. Harris and Rael one of the few girls that dropped to 105lbs that didn't sign with Invicta in America. Before these setbacks Harris was 3-0.
- Apr 2013 R1 SUB - Meghan Wright (1-5) - Her biggest "accomplishment" is being the fighter that was the quickest to get subbed (38 seconds)... this is more notable just to say "I beat a 'veteran' of Invicta FC"
- Sept 2012 DEC L - Jordan McDonald 110lbs (4-3 ammy) - McDonald was on a 4 fight winning streak, then suffered two losses to Paulina Granados and current Invicta FC fighter, Liz McCarthy. Both fighters she loss to would be undefeated as amateurs
Jinh Yu has an associate degree in nuclear medicine, leading to a bachelors degree and working towards a MBA. "I work at a cancer center," she said. "I do handle some radioactive material. I inject patients and do diagnostic testing."