For most of 2011 and 2012 a possible "super fight" between UFC Light Heavyweight champ Jon Jones and then UFC Middleweight champ Anderson Silva was much discussed, especially by UFC president Dana White and web sites like Bloody Elbow.
Now that Silva has lost his belt talk has moved on.
Heavyweight champ Cain Velasquez on the other hand, he is super fight material according to Jones. Of course Cain is out with a shoulder injury for most of the coming year and Jones has a busy dance card with a UFC 172 bout against Glover Teixeira and if he wins that a possible rematch against Alexander Gustafsson and then possibly Daniel Cormier.
So what I'm saying here is, don't hold your breath waiting on a UFC super fight.
- Judo Grand Slam Paris 2014 Day 2 Finals Live Stream and Discussion Thread
- SB Nation MMA Rankings: Featherweight
- Ian McCall on Brad Pickett's Move to flyweight: 'it's kind of a recipe for getting your a** kicked'
- 2013 Bloody Elbow WMMA Awards Results: Best Round
- Photo: Anderson Silva off crutches and back to working out following UFC 168 injury