Concluding the main event of UFC 168, former middleweight champion Anderson Silva suffered a gruesome leg break as he was throwing a low kick against champ Chris Weidman in the second round. Silva had emergency surgery immediately following the fight to repair the damage and only a couple weeks later, UFC president Dana White stated he'd be off crutches shortly.
White's statement proved to be true as the UFC Twitter account posted this picture of Silva on Saturday:
White has also assured fans that Silva will return to action before the end of the year. "The Spider" has not yet given a hard timeline for his return to the Octagon as of yet, however.
- Judo Grand Slam Paris 2014 Finals Live Streams and Results
- UFC on Fox 11: Werdum vs. Browne fight card shaping up
- 2013 Bloody Elbow WMMA Awards Results: Best Submission
- Jessica Eye responds to report that her drug test failure was for pot, not blood thinners
- George Zimmerman vs DMX fight cancelled by promoter