It's been a little while since we've done one of these. Hell, last time it came up I was still only a commentor and Bloody Elbow had just gone through it's re-design process. So, it's been more than a year. There are a lot of new faces, some old faces, and some lurkers who've come out of the woodwork. We want to hear from all of you.
Here's how this is going to work. I'm going to show you what the current Bloody Elbow Guidelines are and take a little time to expand on what they mean and how they work and then you all are free to ask questions, respond, and generally be heard. The staff will try and address as many responses as possible and, if all goes well, we won't have to ban anyone.
The Bloody Elbow Guidelines:
Be professional and polite. Then voice your opinion. No name calling, no politics, no racism, sexism, homophobia, no obscenity and don't make the staff mad.
That's all pretty simple and straight forward stuff. But, just in case, here are a few finer points:
- Re: Making the staff mad - The biggest point here is that editorial decisions are not open to discussion. Feel free to talk about the content of the post, but not why or how we posted it.
- Fighter bashing is a fine line. You are free to criticize what a fighter says or does, but things like "Fighter X is a pussy" will not be tolerated.
- Finally, we will hide comments that are off topic and derail the discussion of the article in which they are posted, breaking news comments in posts, and large images or gifs in live threads as they will bog down the page for everyone.
Now, a few notes about banning. If you get banned or warned for any of the above actions, please email us civilly and respectfully. We're happy to talk with you and restore your ability to post, but the following actions will not help your case:
- Angrily emailing us telling us why we were wrong in warning or banning you.
- Attacking us using racial slurs.
- Creating a new user ID when you get banned. (You'll just get banned again)
- Complaining about getting warned in a thread. (You'll probably get banned)
That's about it. The floor is now open for any questions, comments, or responses you might have.