Busy day for gossip rags like BE and TMZ when it comes to covering UFC Light Heavyweight champ Jon Jones. First up there's the video above which claims to capture Bones snubbing former UFC Welterweight champ Georges St-Pierre. Personally it just looked awkward to me, nothing more.
On the George Zimmerman front, Bones tweets his way into that story thus:
If this "celebrity" boxing match wasn't in march, I'd gladly oblige Zimmerman.— Jon Bones Jones (@JonnyBones) February 4, 2014
Jones is referring to the "Celebrity Boxing Match" that Zimmerman has agreed to participate in on March 1 in Philadelphia.
Although Jones can't make it, rapper The Game would love to per Huff Po:
"I would not be boxing for me. I'd be boxing for the legacy of Trayvon Martin and for his family," the rapper, who is 6'5", 240lbs, told TMZ. "I will beat the f**k out of him."
For his part Zimmerman wants Kanye West as he told TMZ:
George Zimmerman wants to beat up Kanye West ... ironically because the rapper has a history of attacking "defenseless people."
Promoters for Zimmerman's upcoming celeb boxing match tell us he badly wants to step in the ring with Yeezus. The promoters are deliciously Machiavellian --- knowing for many it will become a choice between 2 evils ... thus becoming a must-see spectacle.
Rest assured Bloody Elbow will keep you on top of this crucial story.
- Joe Lauzon Answers Many Questions on Reddit AMA
- Training partner from Julianna Pena's injury speaks: 'It was just a freak accident at the gym'
- George Zimmerman agrees to 'celebrity' boxing match under same promoter currently attempting 'tag team boxing'
- Anthony Johnson returns to the UFC, will face Phil Davis at UFC 172
- T.J. Grant hopes to fight on October 4 card in Halifax