The lightweight division is just chock full of entertaining fighters, hence the potential for Joe Silva to cause fans to salivate with exciting match-ups. This booking for UFC on Fox 11 in Orlando is certainly no exception, as Donald Cerrone and Edson Barboza are set for a surefire thriller on April 19th:
Cerrone (22-6, 1 NC) started 2014 off with a bang, knocking out Adriano Martins with a fantastic head kick at UFC on Fox 10. "Cowboy" is one of the most active fighters on the roster, and this will be his 13th fight since joining the promotion (from the WEC) in 2011.
Barboza (13-1) rallied from a poor 1st round against Danny Castillo, in which he survived both a knockdown and a rear-naked choke attempt, and used his brilliant striking skills to get a decision win. After a shocking knockout loss to Jamie Varner at UFC 146, the Brazilian has won his last 3, including a leg kicks stoppage of Rafaello Oliveira.
UFC on Fox 11 is headlined by a heavyweight top contender showdown between Travis Browne and Fabricio Werdum. Cerrone vs. Barboza is obviously going to be on the main card, and it's a perfect fight to put on Fox.
- Pat Barry signs with Glory: Former UFC fighter will make his Glory debut in May
- UFC legalization event in New York garners wrong kind of attention for notorious sex offender guest
- Dana White blames 'the pussification of America' for Donald Trumps criticism of dangers of football and UFC
- Jessica Eye receives 'probationary suspension' after positive drug test, still planning to fight at UFC 170
- UFC 169 results: Fights to make for the main carders