Rory MacDonald picked up one of the biggest wins of his career when he defeated Demian Maia at UFC 170. The victory was a big step in rebounding to his loss at the hands of Robbie Lawler late last year, and breathed new life into his title aspirations in a new age of the welterweight division. After the fight, he was very diplomatic about what he would like next, as he usually is. Once he got on twitter though, he decided to make his true feelings known - he wants to fight for the title:
The 24-year-old MacDonald (16-2, 7-2 UFC) is currently ranked at number four in the division, and a shot at the winner is certainly possible if they don't give it to the winner of the Carlos Condit vs. Tyron Woodley fight also scheduled for UFC 171. MacDonald also may have to contend with an injury, as he was given a 180-day medical suspension following his win in Vegas due to a possible injury to his right ankle. It also didn't help that he accidentally stabbed himself in the hand with a knife a week before the fight.
- TUF Strawweight Contestants React to Pettis and Melendez as Coaches
- WMMA March Week 1-3 Preview: Fallon Fox Makes Her Return, Lim vs. Osman Rematch
- FIVE Grappling California 1 Absolute Videos: Keenan Cornelius vs Yuri Simoes Finals, Semifinal, and Early Round Matches
- UFC 170 medical suspensions: Rory MacDonald and four other fighters out up to six months
- Former UFC heavyweight champ Mark Coleman selling Pride GP 2000 trophy on Ebay for $24.5K