Renan Barao was able to stop Urijah Faber in the first round of their UFC 169 bantamweight title bout, but it wasn't without controversy. Barao tagged Faber repeatedly in the early stages of the opening frame, sending him reeling around the cage.
At the end of the fight, Barao had Faber turtled up, holding his leg while reigning hammerfists down. Faber was blocking the strikes and gave Herb Dean a thumbs up, but the referee jumped in for the stoppage anyway.
- UFC 169: Barao vs Faber - Results and post-fight analysis
- UFC 169 results: Renan Barao defends his title with first round TKO of Urijah Faber
- UFC 169 results: Jose Aldo retains title with unanimous decision over Ricardo Lamas
- UFC 169 results: Frank Mir gets dominated in unanimous decision loss to Alistair Overeem
- UFC 169 results: Ali Bagautinov outworks John Lineker for a unanimous decision win