When 10 out of 12 fights go to decision, bonuses are generally pretty easy to figure out. This was the case at UFC 169, where a lot of the fights that heard the final horn weren't exactly barnburners.
But one fight stood out at least - Abel Trujillo vs. Jamie Varner. The two men threw down with reckless abandon in the opening fight of the main card, and they were rewarded handsomely by the organization.
The fighters each earned $75,000 for fight of the night, while Trujillo earned another $50,000 for his incredible come-from-behind knockout win in the second round. There were no submission finishes on the card, so obviously there was no bonus awarded for submission of the night. The extra money was included in the fight of the night bonus, which makes sense.
The only other fight that saw a finish was the main event bout between Renan Barao and Urijah Faber, and that was a tad controversial.
- UFC 169: Barao vs Faber - Results and post-fight analysis
- UFC 169 results: Renan Barao defends his title with first round TKO of Urijah Faber
- UFC 169 results: Jose Aldo retains title with unanimous decision over Ricardo Lamas
- UFC 169 results: Frank Mir gets dominated in unanimous decision loss to Alistair Overeem
- UFC 169 results: Ali Bagautinov outworks John Lineker for a unanimous decision win