In the shadows of UFC Fight Night 36 was the return of Miguel Torres, who just 5 years ago was the WEC's reigning bantamweight champion, and a UFC veteran fighting Michael McDonald less than 2 years ago. After McDonald knocked him out to the point where he literally thought he was fighting Mark Hominick, Torres was released from the UFC and he later signed with World Series of Fighting. He dropped a decision to Marlon Moraes in his debut and then went up to featherweight, where he was knocked down and submitted by relative unknown Pablo Alfonso.
On Saturday night, Torres took on 4-5 Giovanni Moljo in the main event of United Combat League in his hometown of Hammond, Indiana. Torres, again competing at 145 lbs, didn't get the finish but he notched a unanimous decision for his first win since November 2011.
You can catch the full fight in the video above.
- The UFC's bizarrely dishonest marketing of Ronda Rousey ahead of UFC 170
- Knuckle Up #430: The Steroid Chronicles wrap, a REAL Brazilian on UFC Fight Night 36
- Andy Ogle fires back at Charles Oliveira over greasing allegations after UFC Fight Night 36
- Cris Cyborg: 'Nobody has the right to accuse you without evidence'
- BE's Baddest Greatest Submission Fighter Tournament: #4 Jon Jones vs #5 Genki Sudo