The octagon has been home to some of the most feared fighters in MMA history. Here is my top ten list of fighters you don't want piss off. I'm strictly going off appearance, and no stats were looked at.
10. We start with the only female fighter to break the top ten. Ronda Rousey. Ronda is a gorgeous woman, there's no doubt about that. So why include a beautiful woman in a top ten list about scary looking fighters?
Because when it comes down to business, Ronda is an animal. The look she possesses on fight night is down right scary. This is one woman you do not want to piss off. Plus if she's that good at grabbing arms, would you really want to risk any other body part?
9. Coming in at number nine on the list is David Abbott. Refereed to as Tank. Abbott stands 6', and weighs in over 250lbs.
With Tank, it's not only his bar room brawler appearance that gives me chills. The real scary thing here is how thick this dude is. In a recent interview with sherdog, Don Frye stated the hardest hit he's taken was from Abbott.
8. In at number eight is Tim Sylvia. The Maine-iac is an absolute beast. Tim stands 6'8", and weighs as much as a truck. Back in the early days of the UFC, Sylvia was one of the most feared.
It's not only the size of Tim, but the entire package. From his hair, to his tattoos, The Maine-iac nickname is very fitting.
7. The number seven spot goes to Keith Jardine. Although Jardine isn't huge in stature, there's a reason they call him the dean of mean. Just look at that face.
6. At number six is Brock Lesnar. I'm still not sure if this guy is human, or fightings version of Robocop. Either way this is one intimidating beast.
Brock is built like brick shithouse, and I would not want to be on his bad side. Images of him foaming from the mouth like Cujo after beating Mir still haunt me.
5. At the half way point, and at number five we have Cain Velasquez.
Cain is another one of those thick motherfuckers. With a height of 6'1", and pushing the scales over 240lbs. The sight of Velasquez licking his own blood is quite startling.
4. Number four goes to a man known simply as Bigfoot.
Antonio Silva is a monster. With a height of 6'4", and a mass of over 260lbs. Have a look at that melon, it has to be the biggest head in the UFC.
3. Into the top three now, and third place goes to the axe murderer. Wanderlei Silva Is one petrifying human.
This guy is pure crazy. It's easy to see where he gets his nickname from. If he's not covered in blood during a fight, then he's not happy. The scary part is, it doesn't have to be his opponents blood.
2. For the number two spot, we go back in time. Kimo Leopoldo grabs the second spot on the top ten.
Kimo stands 6'2", and weighs over 250lbs of pure head squishing muscle. The fact that he used to walk out with a cross, and pretend he's Jesus puts him in my crazy mofo book.
1. The moment you've all been waiting for. The most intimidating fighter in the history of the UFC, and the reason behind this fan post. Thiago Silva.
Thiago has the look of an absolute thug. His appearance alone makes me glad there's a ref in the cage to pull him off his victims.Then there is the very believable throat slash he does upon victory.
Thus completes my top ten most intimidating fighters in UFC history. Did I leave out your favorite "scary" fighter? Feel free to mention him/her in the comments.