UFC 169 has a new main event, and Renan Barao is an even more solid betting favorite than he was against his last opponent. Barao was originally scheduled to face UFC bantamweight champion Dominick Cruz in a title unification bout, but he was promoted to full champion when Cruz was forced out with an injury. Urijah Faber has stepped in to take his place on short notice, and he's definitely an underdog going into the bout (line via BestFightOdds.com):
Only one book is offering the line right now, Sportsbook.ag.
Barao (31-1, 1 NC) already holds a win over Faber (30-6), defeating him by decision last July at UFC 149 to claim the interim title. Faber has won four in a row since, most recently submitting Michael McDonald at UFC on Fox 9. Barao defended the interim title twice, beating McDonald and Wineland by stoppage.
- Anderson Silva's management team wants GSP for his UFC return
- UFC signs lightweight Joe Ellenberger, brother of Jake Ellenberger
- Matt Serra admits to being the one that uttered "Good, f--- him" after Anderson Silva's injury at UFC 168
- The 20 Greatest Wrestling Matches Between Future MMA Stars, Part II: 16 and 15
- UFC 168 pulls in 14.5K attendance with a $6.2M live gate