The fight will be Hathaway's first since he defeated John Maguire in September 2012. That victory advanced Hathaway's career record to 17-1. Hathaway debuted with the UFC in January 2009, putting together a four fight winning streak before dropping a unanimous decision to Mike Pyle at UFC 120. Since that defeat Hathaway has won three straight fights.
Hathaway and Kim were in Singapore on Friday for a fan Q & A prior to the UFC Fight Night 34 weigh-in. When asked about his health, Hathaway replied, "I'm back healthy, and I can't wait to be back in there and competing. I'm really going to make 2014 my year, and I'm lucky I get to kick it off against such a great competitor.
It's going to be my first five round fight, and I really can't wait for this. I always come in super fit for every fight, and I can't wait to prove it again."
Hathaway and Kim were booked to face each other in the past, but an injury forced Kim from that fight. Kim was replaced by Pyle in that bout.
The TUF: China Finale card will be held at the Venetian Macao's CotaiArena.
- Conor Heun details struggles with UFC insurance policy
- UFC: Michael Bisping 'I know I can mop the floor with Kennedy and that's what I'm going to do'
- UFC Fight Night 34: Saffiedine vs. Lim Post-Fight Press Conference Photos and Quotes
- UFC Fight Night 34 Saffiedine vs Lim: Sunday Perspective
- UFC Fight Night 34: Saffiedine vs. Lim - Winners and Losers