MMAJunkie was first on the scene with the UFC Fight Night 34 bonuses, direct from Dana White.
Tarec Saffiedine and Hyun Gyu Lim went at it hammer and tongs. After a close first round Saffiedine pulled away with sharp, technical striking and a brutal leg kick arsenal. And while there's a real argument that the fight should have been stopped as early as the third round, Lim roared back in the fifth hopping and hobbling on one leg to put Saffiedine in real danger. It was a high drama, all action affair and both fighters took home $50,000 for their "Fight of the Night" performance.
Max Holloway earned $50,000 as well for his "Knock Out of the Night" over the world's tallest featherweight, Will Chope. Holloway pulled ahead at the end of the first with a burtal assault that nearly had Chope out at the bell. He returned, invigorated, for the second round and practically gassed himself out teeing off on Chope. Chope tried to mount a desperate comeback as Holloway flagged, but what offense he was able to generate seemed to press home the necessity of a finish for Holloway. A really gorgeous flurry of body and head shots finally put Chope away at 2:27 of round 2.
Finally, "Submission of the Night" was a complete surprise as the Hawaiian newcomer Russell Doane, known mostly for his striking, put former world champion grappler Leandro Issa to sleep right at the end of Round 2. Doane displayed his crisp boxing and his impressive scrambling game (he got taken down early and often by Issa) and eventually the Brazilian started to fade. Doane was able to slap on a triangle at the end of the second and Issa went out via technical submission to net Doane $50,000.
- UFC Fight Night 34 results: Tarec Saffiedine scores unanimous decision over Hyun Gyu Lim
- UFC Fight Night 34 results: Tatsuya Kawajiri chokes Sean Soriano unconscious in round 2
- UFC Fight Night 34 results: Kang dominates en route to submission, Dutra disqualified
- UFC Fight Night 34 results: Holloway TKOs Chope and full prelim results
- TUF: China Finale adds Shawn Jordan vs. Matt Mitrione, Ivan Menjivar vs. Hatsu Hioki and Yui Chul Nam vs. Kazuki Tokodume