Chael Sonnen and Wanderlei Silva have already fought once for free. The UFC is hoping that when the two fighters, who are coaching opposite each other in the upcoming season of The Ultimate Fighter: Brazil, fight on an organized UFC fight card it will be in Las Vegas.
Earlier this week, UFC president Dana White told MMAFighting.com that Sonnen and Silva came to blows during filming of the reality show. On Thursday, speaking to the media, White described the fracas as "The worst thing that's ever happened on The Ultimate Fighter."
The two coaches mixed it up while cameras were rolling as their teams were preparing for a weigh-in. According to White the incident was caught on camera. White was unsure if the footage would air on the telecast of the show.
What White is sure of is that there were punishments doled out. However, the UFC president would not detail what those punishments were, saying that we'll all have to tune into the show to find out what type of disciplinary actions were taken.
White did say that he was not surprised to find out that Sonnen and Silva mixed it up, "I wasn't shocked. That thing has been a time bomb since they got there."
White said he addressed the two coaches, "I told them, ‘You idiots want to fight for free? Ok, I'd love to not pay you.' But, that's how bad they dislike each other."
As for when their official fight will happen, White said that Sonnen and Silva would be on the same card as the Weidman versus Belfort fight. The promotion expects that card will take place in Las Vegas in either May or July.
- Why Chael Sonnen brawling with Wanderlei Silva doesn't matter to some MMA fans
- Michael Bisping cleared to fight Tim Kennedy in April at TUF: Nations Finale
- George Zimmerman agrees to 'celebrity' boxing match under same promoter currently attempting 'tag team boxing'
- UFC 169: John Lineker vs. Ali Bagautinov preview and the prognostication
- Julianna Pena suffers severe knee injury, withdraws from UFC 171