We have some injury news to pass along that affects two UFC PPV preliminary cards. As confirmed today by UFC officials, flyweight Darrell Montague is out of UFC 171 against Will Campuzano and has been replaced by Justin Scoggins. Additionally, bantamweight Bryan Caraway has been forced off of his UFC 170 meeting with Lucas Martins, and a replacement is still being sought as of this writing.
Scoggins (8-0) made his UFC debut in Australia last month, TKOing Richie Vaculik in the 1st round. The 21-year-old has won 6 of his 8 bouts by knockout or TKO and was very impressive against Vaculik. Campuzano (13-5) made his UFC return in November against Sergio Pettis, losing a hard-fought unanimous decision.
No word yet on Caraway's replacement, but an unconfirmed report suggests that Serra-Longo fighter and 2012 Bloody Elbow Scouting Report bantamweight prospect Aljamin Sterling, who is now 8-0 with his last 3 wins coming by rear-naked choke.
We'll keep you up to date on Sterling's potential signing as well as Pena's reported injury.
- Bad Boy Presents Bloody Elbow Radio - Episode 316: Daron Cruickshank, Mick Maynard, UFC 169 Preview
- Rock out with your walkout: The January edition
- UFC fighter rankings: Jeremy Stephens cracks top 10, Cruz rising at 135
- Glory 14 Zagreb fight card announced: Andy Ristie returns, MW tournament, plus Cro Cop vs Bonjasky
- NFL tries to boot UFC belt from Super Bowl Media Day