There wasn't much fanfare for UFC on Fox 10 in Chicago, IL last night. Not only was there no title fight on the line, but the card itself lacked any sort of big name attraction outside of Ben Henderson. The reported live gate, which was announced during the UFC's post-event press conference, was $863,655 with attendance set at 10,895. Official numbers and verification will soon come from the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation. There's also no word on how many tickets were comped.
This isn't surprising news at all considering tickets were readily available as late as Friday. The UFC has been to Illinois 4 times dating back to 2008, 3 times to the United Center in Chicago and once in nearby Rosemont, Illinois for UFC 90.
Here's a look at the live gate and attendance history for the UFC in Chicago:
- UFC 90 (Silva vs. Cote), October 2008. Live Gate: $2,850,000, Attendance: 15,359.
- UFC on Fox 2 (Evans vs. Davis), January 2012. Live Gate: $1,270,960, Attendance: 16,963.
- UFC on Fox 6 (Johnson vs. Dodson), January 2013. Live Gate: $1,270,000, Attendance: 16,091.
- UFC on Fox 10 (Henderson vs. Thomson), January 2014. Live Gate: $863,655, Attendance: 10,895.
- UFC 169 will be moved to Sunday if Super Bowl is moved back to Saturday
- WWE Royal Rumble 2014 Live Results, Play-by-Play, Discussion
- Journo to Journo: Matt Roth talks GSP, Fight Pass, Bloody Elbow and pooping yourself in a fight
- Josh Thomson contemplates retirement: 'This might be it'
- Donald Cerrone on Knockout of the Night bonus: 'Like a fart in the wind, it's gone'