Maybe there's going to be a last second rush on ticket sales, but it seems a little doubtful. Perhaps bad weather is to blame, or a card somewhat lacking in depth and big draws. Whatever the reason it doesn't look like the UFC's 10th Fox show will be playing in front of a packed house. The current seating map at Ticket Master is showing a lot of empty seats, even a few available cageside. Here's a screenshot of what was available as of Friday morning, obviously it's not an exact numerical value, but the darker the blue the more seats available (gray means it's full).
This isn't the first time that the UFC has struggled to sell out in Chicago. The United Center holds around 20,000 fans and the UFC has never managed to put more than about 15-16,000 butts in the building. No doubt part of this is because they keep going to the Windy City in January. It's 13 degrees and snowing there today, and while it's supposed to get a little warmer tomorrow (a balmy 19) it's hardly the kind of weather that will have people wanting to venture out to a stadium for a decent, but not amazing fight card.
It will be interesting to see what the post fight attendance numbers look like for this card. The UFC has been pretty steady with it's crowds here, but I wouldn't be surprised if the numbers coming out of Fox 10 are way down.
- UFC on Fox 10 Judo Chop: Josh Thomson's Seamless Takedowns
- UFC on Fox 10: Media Day staredowns
- CM Punk on fighting MMA, Brock Lesnar returning to the UFC, Ronda Rousey and more
- Dana White: 'Contrary to popular belief, I have nothing negative to say about old NSAC regime'
- On Chris Leben: How you know when it's time for a fighter to retire