Kansas-based Titan Fighting Championship was a fixture on HDNet/AXS TV, featuring predominantly prospects and local talent, but also current and former UFC fighters such as Jason High, Jamie Varner, Tim Sylvia, Zak Cummings, and Anthony Johnson. Resurrection Fighting Alliance merged with Titan FC in late 2012, but president Joe Kelly ran two more shows before the organization was purchased by current CEO Jeff Aronson of Alchemist Management fame.
Now under new management, Titan FC has a deal with CBS Sports Network to broadcast main card fights on the digital cable subscription channel as well as stream all of the prelims on cbssportsnetwork.com. The first event for Titan under Aronson will be February 28th, and features Mike Ricci and Jorge Gurgel in the main event, with Matt Riddle moving up to middleweight to take on Michael Kuiper in the co-main. The card also includes the infamous Pedro Nobre, Kurt Holobaugh, and TUF 18's Anthony Gutierrez.
According to Aronson, you can expect the following:
- Fighters receiving locker room bonuses for finishes.
- A bigger emphasis on signing UFC/Strikeforce/Bellator veterans, as well as prospects with at least 4 pro fights. The last 18 fighters they've added to the roster have a combined record of 171-18.
- Holding shows outside of Kansas City and venturing towards other states.
- All fighters will have an opt-out clause in the event they're approached by the UFC to be signed.
- Free $500 UFC On Fox 10 Kountermove fantasy cash tourney
- Vitor Belfort will apply for testosterone replacement therapy exemption for Chris Weidman fight
- UFC on FOX 10:Pre-fight previews, press conference, weigh-ins, predictions and more
- UFC on Fox 10: Henderson vs. Thomson Care/Don't Care Preview
- UFC on FOX 10: Preliminary card preview and prognostications