Apparently Joe Riggs doesn't let beefs go easily. The veteran fighter faced off with Nick Diaz twice back in 2006 - once in the cage, and once in the hospital. It's been over seven years since then, but the Bellator Fight Master champ would still like to face off with him again - even if it has to be in a boxing ring. Riggs talked to Ariel Helwani of MMA Fighting about it:
"Nick Diaz is a f**king mongoloid. He doesn't even know what he talks about. He's a guy who will see a word in the dictionary and just regurgitate the word and put it to no use. It makes no sense what he's talking about. I'd love to beat the sh*t out of him. Actually, I'd like to box him because he thinks he has good hands, but that's besides the point."
For his part, Diaz remains retired as of right now. UFC president Dana White has indicated that Diaz might return in mid-2014, but you never know. It doesn't look like Riggs will ever get his chance to meet Diaz again, but it's still an amusing feud.
- MFC 39: Hamilton vs. Schoonover - Gifs and results
- Kyoji Horiguchi injured, UFC signs TUF 18 fighter Danny Martinez
- Michael Bisping vs. Tim Kennedy expected to headline 'TUF Nations' finale in April
- Gegard Mousasi feels Lyoto Machida will be a tough test, but not his biggest test
- UFC 172: Glover Teixeira agrees Jon Jones beat Gustafsson, wants 1st round KO