It appears that MMA fans weren't that interested in the UFC's Wednesday Night offerings on Fox Sport 1. The promotion offered up a live card from Georgia as a lead-in to TUF Nations, but neither drew big ratings. MMA Payout (via the Wrestling Observer Newsletter) has the info:
The Wrestling Observer (subscription required) reports that UFC Fight Night 35 held Wednesday night on FS1 scored 629,000 viewers. After the live event, The Ultimate Fighter Nations received an average viewership of 371,000 viewers.
This isn't the lowest rating for an FS1 Fight Night - that went to UFC Fight Night 28: Teixeira vs. Bader back in September - but it certainly isn't sunshine and puppies either. The fact that TUF didn't draw a ton of viewers in the US shouldn't be that surprising though, considering it features teams from Canada and Australia and coaches that aren't in the elite of the sport. It did air in Canada in the same time slot, but ratings weren't available for that broadcast.
The UFC doesn't have another Wednesday show scheduled for a while, which is probably a good thing.
- MFC 39: Hamilton vs. Schoonover - Gifs and results
- Kyoji Horiguchi injured, UFC signs TUF 18 fighter Danny Martinez
- Michael Bisping vs. Tim Kennedy expected to headline 'TUF Nations' finale in April
- Gegard Mousasi feels Lyoto Machida will be a tough test, but not his biggest test
- UFC 172: Glover Teixeira agrees Jon Jones beat Gustafsson, wants 1st round KO