"In a perfect world, I'll win via first-round knockout," Teixeira told MMAFighting.com. "But I believe it's going to be a tough fight. Jon Jones is an excellent fighter, so I expect a tough bout. I will be ready for five rounds. I was ready to go five rounds against Bader and will be ready now, so we'll see who will leave the cage as the champion.
"I expected Gustafsson to have the advantage standing, but I expected Jones to be smart and take the fight to the ground," he said. "He was smart and he tried to (take Gustafsson down), but I didn't expected Gustafsson to defend the takedowns so well.
"When the fight was over, I thought Jon had won," he said, "and I re-watched it later and scored it to Jones again."
UFC 172 takes place on April 26, 2014 in Baltimore, Maryland and will air live on pay-per-view.
- Ronda Rousey: Women's MMA is no longer an experiment in the UFC
- Technique Recap: UFC Fight Night Atlanta pt. 2, feat. Dillashaw, Romero, Smolka, Rockhold
- Boxing Pascal vs Bute results: Jean Pascal survives dramatic late rally to take UD win over Lucien Bute
- World Series of Fighting 8: Gaethje vs. Patishnock Results and Gifs
- Johny Hendricks talks future move to middleweight, avoiding Robbie Lawler's power