The UFC Fight Night 34 main event saw middleweights Luke Rockhold and Costa Philippou facing off, and it was all Rockhold from the start. The former Strikeforce champ peppered Philippou with kicks to the head and body, and finally connected with two to the ribs that sent Philppou sprawling to the mat, giving him his first win in the UFC. Check out the video highlights above, and/or read BE editor Brent Brookhouse's play-by-play below.
Luke Rockhold vs. Constantinos Philippou - Round 1 - Costas moving a lot while Rockhold tries to track him down. Rockhold with a body kick. Hook from Rockhold drops Costas but Costas back up and he lands his own little hook. Head kick from Rockhold. Costas trying hard to come forward. Huge body kick from Rockhold hurts Costas, another one drops him and one more as he's on his knees and this one is over. Luke Rockhold wins by TKO (body kicks), round 1.
- TUF Nations: Canada vs. Australia episode 1 live discussion
- UFC Fight Night 35 results: T.J. Dillashaw outclasses Mike Easton for unanimous decision win
- UFC Fight Night 35 results: Yoel Romero comes back to TKO Derek Brunson in round 3
- UFC Fight Night 35 results: John Moraga ekes out split decision over Dustin Ortiz
- UFC Fight Night 35 results: Cole Miller chokes out Sam Sicilia in round 2