The UFC Fight Night 35 middleweight bout between Derek Brunson and Yoel Romero was going one way, then suddenly went in another direction. Brunson was controlling the fight and won the first two rounds, but the powerful Romero came back with some devastating strikes to pick up a late TKO win. Check out the video highlights above, or read BE editor Brent Brookhouse's description of the final round below.
Round 3 - Romero stalking early. Romero does land a very big shot that has Brunson a bit hurt and Brunson is slowing a bit. Brunson with a hard flurry but Romero is stalking and looking to finish. Big shot by Romero and more big shots and now Brunson drops. Romero is pouring it no now while Brunson is turtled up. Elbows to the body from the top by Romero and it's over. Brunson was on his way to a decision win before he gassed and got caught. Yoel Romero wins by TKO (punches and elbows to the body), round 3.
- TUF Nations: Canada vs. Australia episode 1 live discussion
- UFC Fight Night 35 results: T.J. Dillashaw outclasses Mike Easton for unanimous decision win
- UFC Fight Night 35 results: Yoel Romero comes back to TKO Derek Brunson in round 3
- UFC Fight Night 35 results: John Moraga ekes out split decision over Dustin Ortiz
- UFC Fight Night 35 results: Cole Miller chokes out Sam Sicilia in round 2