It's hard to imagine where Cat Zingano's mind is at this moment, no doubt the fallout from her husband's untimely death is overwhelming. Mauricio Zingano passed away last night. His death is reported to have been a suicide, a claim verified by her manager Jorge Guimaraes. Since his passing Cat Zingano has released the following statement to MMA Weekly:
Late yesterday evening, I learned that my husband and soul mate of seven years, Mauricio Zingano, has passed away.
My life has changed irrevocably. I am shocked and deeply saddened. Thankfully, my family and friends are coming together to provide the support I need. I am grateful for them, as I know there are many difficult days ahead.
I also very much appreciate the outpour of support from the jiu-jitsu and mixed martial arts world. My husband was well known and respected in this close-knit community and I know he would appreciate everyone's thoughts and prayers, as do I.
At this time, I respectfully ask everyone to give me privacy as I gather with relatives and friends. Again, I give thanks to all for the kind words and support.
Obviously the thoughts and prayers of everyone at Bloody Elbow are with Cat and her family at this time.
- Texas BJJ club owner Samuel David Lewis charged with sexual assault of a child
- UFC Fight Night 35: T.J. Dillashaw vs. Mike Easton preview and prognostication
- Georges St. Pierre says the UFC not backing him on cleaning up PED use is one of the reasons he stepped away
- Bad Boy Presents Bloody Elbow Radio - Episode 314: Mark Pavelich, UFC Previews
- UFC Fight Night 35: Rockhold vs. Philippou staff picks and predictions