Mauricio Zingano passed away last night, he was 37. The husband of UFC contender Cat Zingano, he was a father, head coach, and Brazilian Jiu Jitsu instructor. Jorge Guimaraes, Zingano's manager, confirmed Mauricio's suicide last night with Globo. Obviously the thoughts, prayers, and condolences of everyone at Bloody Elbow go out to Cat at this time.
Yes, he hanged himself in Denver on Monday. It's something unexplainable, do not know what may have motivated him to do so. We were together and he was fine, had plans and a lifetime ahead. It's a tragedy. I'm going to Denver today to assist the Cat, who is devastated, does not know what to do - Guimarães said by phone.
While there is little that anyone can offer at a time of tragedy such as this, hopefully Zingano is surrounded by friends and family who can help her get through this very difficult point in her life.
- Searching for Future Champions: MMA's Top 25 Prospects, 13-12
- UFC Fight Night 35 Judo Chop: Costa Philippou's Eye Poke
- UFC Fight Night 35: Rockhold vs. Philippou - The Cut List
- Pictures released of Tito Ortiz's wrecked Porsche
- Patricio Freire on Bellator passing him over: ''Where the title shots are earned, not given' is pure bulls--t'