Former UFC Welterweight champ Georges St-Pierre, who gave up his title following a tough split-decision win over Johny Hendricks at UFC 167, has made his first public appearance in 2014. The Edmonton Sun was there to document it:
"I just took a break. I spent Christmas time and New Years, with my family. That's something I haven't done for a long time. This is the first time I've really had nothing on my schedule. It was perfect. It was fun. It's the first time it felt so good.
"I'm 32 years old and this is the first time I have my Christmas with my family. I spent some time but I never really had free time, total free time like I did. It was time for me to do it. I'm very happy I did it and I don't regret any of it.
"So Christmas was incredible and now for 2014 we'll see what's going to happen. I have some projects in mind. I can't talk about it, unfortunately."
Any guesses as to what GSP might be up to?
Here'e the poster & trailer for Takedown: The DNA of GSP, the new GSP documentary that's coming out this year:
HT MMA Mania
- Luke Rockhold: Motivated and ready to use his legit-su to defeat Costa Philippou
- Nate Diaz denies ducking Nurmagomedov, says 'Dana White and UFC are full of sh**'
- Dana White: Nate Diaz doesn't want to fight Khabib Nurmagomedov, Diaz denies
- Dana White: Nate Diaz doesn't want to fight Khabib Nurmagomedov
- UFC 170: Rousey vs. McMann fight card