Jason "The Kansas City Bandit" High probably did not imagine his 2014 would begin with a ruptured appendix and surgery. According to the UFC fighter's Twitter feed, that's exactly how he rang in the new year.
Following High's timeline, it looks like things went from bad to worse to the operating table:
I bet most of u had no idea there was a purgatory between diarrhea & constipation. Did ya? See, 1st day of 2014 u already learned somethin— Marcelino Evil (@KCBanditMMA) January 1, 2014
You have GOT to be fucking kidding me...— Marcelino Evil (@KCBanditMMA) January 2, 2014
Well...this year started of with a bang.— Marcelino Evil (@KCBanditMMA) January 2, 2014
Ruptured appendix... On New Year's Day. See y'all bitches after surgery. F word. http://t.co/FzxYa3aIiP— Marcelino Evil (@KCBanditMMA) January 2, 2014
High (18-4) was scheduled to face UFC newcomer Baneil Dariush at UFC Fight Night 35 in a welterweight contest. As High indicates above, he will obviously not be able to make that fight. The UFC has not said if a replacement opponent will be sought for Dariush for the January 15 fight card.
- The Best MMA Writing of 2013: Ben Popper on the most talented one-handed fighter in the business
- Tim Kennedy creates bout agreement to fight Michael Bisping
- Zingano unhappy about McMann fight, offers to fight Rousey with torn ACL
- Sara McMann says call to face Ronda Rousey 'a welcome surprise'
- UFC 168 prelims on Fox Sports 1 average 1,554,000 viewers