So with my 37th birthday looming, my gf has kindly bought me 2 months of training at the local mma gym... while extremely grateful, i am also pretty nervous.
I have not thrown a punch in anger since i was in my early 20's; being British, i have no experience of any grappling; though i have ok fitness, can run 10km in about 50min, can actually pull my body weight up in a wide armed over handed pull up and good few times, push ups are done in sets of 30 with my feet raised on the couch - am i going to be in out of my depth?
Due to having a 2yr old boy and a job which invloves a lot of last minute travel, i cannot throw myself into this as if i was 27yrs old, but i want to get the most out of it as possible.
so a few of q's...
the classes i can get to are listed as -
monday - Circuit Training
Tuesday - Muay Thai
Wednesday - MMA
Thursday - Wrestling
Saturday - MMA
Sunday - Taekwondo
- If i can only do 3 out of the 6 per week, what would you recommend for an absolute beginner?
- i presume i will need a mouth guard - will the boil and bite be sufficient?
- will i get my straight nose broken and my front teeth knocked out?
- when they see i have zero technique in striking and grappling will they roll their eyes and think "what is the point of him turning up".
- how will i feel after the 2months? - elated? knackered? will i see improvement?
Sorry if this has been been through a few times before - i suppose i am just looking for moral support..