Yesterday at the Refinery Roof Top on 38th and 6th in Midtown Manhattan, HBO held a press conference for the upcoming boxing event, main evented by the WBO and IBO middleweight title fight between champ Gennady Golovkin and challenger Curtis Stevens.
Scheduled for November 2 inside the historic Madison Square Garden, Stevens and Golovkin were joined by Golovkin's trainer Abel Sanchez and Stevens' trainer, Andre Rozier, as well as executives Tom Loeffler (Managing Director of K2 Promotions) and Kathy Duva (President of Main Events), with the event emceed by legendary ring announcer, Michael Buffer.
Golovkin has the highest knockout ratio of any active world champion (89%) with a record of 27-0-0 (24 of those wins by knockout), and has burst on to the international boxing scene with four knockouts over the last twelve months. His bout against the native New Yorker, Stevens (25-3-0, with 18 of those wins by knockouts), will be the ninth defense of his WBA title.
More from Bloody Elbow:
- Ronda Rousey left with 'sour taste' after filming of The Ultimate Fighter 18
- UFC Fight Night 28 results: Kid Nate's bathrobe review & analysis
- Chael Sonnen vs. Rashad Evans confirmed for UFC 167 co-main event
- UFC on Fox 9 set for December 14th in Sacramento
- UFC Fight Night 28 Teixeira vs. Bader results: Post-fight interviews, press conference and highlights