UFC president Dana White fielded questions from the press yesterday at the UFC's world tour event in Los Angeles.
Dana made free with his thoughts on beards like that of Roy Nelson and the one Pat Healy had to trim before his UFC 165 bout with Khabib Nurmegomedov: "I don't want that nasty thing rubbing on my face either if I was in a fight," said White. "I hate that whole, you can grow a beard down to here and still fight in MMA thing. You know? It's not even allowed in boxing, and they don't go to the ground and have side control. Who would want that thing laying on their face? Seriously? That long, nasty, ratty looking thing in your mouth, rubbing on your face. It's ridiculous.
"They shouldn't be allowed to have beards that big," White said. "Trim it down and make it look normal. You know? It's disgusting."
Additoinal topics covered include:
- The UFC 168 rematch between Anderson Silva and Chris Weidman
- Dana's score for Jones vs. Gustafsson after re-watching the fight from UFC 165
- Ronda Rousey vs. Meisha Tate
More from Bloody Elbow:
- UFC 165 medical suspensions: Jones, Gustaffson and six others given time off
- UFC fighter rankings: Nurmagomedov, Carmont enter the top 10 in their respective divisions
- Kickboxing organization SuperKombat announces new partnership, looks to the future
- John McCarthy on Keith Kizer: 'If he's in charge, if he's the executive director, I want nothing to do with it'
- Daily MMA 9/23: Full Cris Cyborg vs. Jennifer Colomb Muay Thai fight, Chris Weidman Q&A