We have two new fighters in the top 10, and deservedly so for both. Following dominant decision victories at UFC 165, lightweight Khabib Nurmagomedov rose to #7 (bumping Nate Diaz, Jim Miller, and Donald Cerrone all down one spot), while middleweight Francis Carmont climbed to #8 ahead of #9 Constantinos Philippou (who Carmont defeated) and #10 Chael Sonnen. Luke Rockhold was bumped to 7th ahead of Carmont. At bantamweight, Ivan Menjivar fell out of the top 10 following his loss to Wilson Reis and was replaced at #10 by Takeya Mizugaki. Lastly, Renan Barao's spectacular finish of Eddie Wineland moved him to #6 in the pound-for-pound rankings, while Demetrious Johnson fell to 7th.
Because the quantity of rankings from the voters fluctuates after every event, you'll notice a few fighters who didn't even compete or have anything to do with UFC 165 had their placement affected. Jose Aldo is now 3rd in the P4P rankings ahead of Anderson Silva, Frank Mir flipped the 7-8 spot with Alistair Overeem, Josh Thomson elevated to #4 at LW (dropping Gray Maynard to 5th), and Chael Sonnen moved ahead of Gegard Mousasi at light heavyweight.
You can view the full set of rankings here. If you want to view the rankings of individual media panelists then click on the dropdown menu next to "VOTING PANELISTS" , where you'll see all entries including Bloody Elbow writers Fraser Coffeen, Tim Burke, Steph Daniels, and T.P. Grant.
More from Bloody Elbow:
- Daily MMA 9/23: Full Cris Cyborg vs. Jennifer Colomb Muay Thai fight, Chris Weidman Q&A
- UFC 165 Results: Official Jon Jones vs. Alexander Gustafsson scorecards released
- Nate Diaz tweets he'll be attending his high school reunion instead of fighting Gray Maynard
- BE's Baddest Tournament: Who is the Greatest MMA Fighter Of All Time? Get your nominations in now!
- UFC 165 results: Gracie Breakdown Brendan Schaub vs. Matt Mitrione D'arce choke