Heading into tomorrow's UFC 165 card we've got the latest betting lines for you courtesy of BestFightOdds.com. Clearly UFC Light Heavyweight champ Jon Jones is a prohibitive favorite at -825 and his challenger Alexander Gustafsson is a huge underdog at +702.
Here are the odds:
What does it all mean? Here's how MMA betting lines work:
In this fight, Jones is the favorite and at -825 it means for every $8.25 you bet, you will win $1 if he wins the fight. So if you bet $825 on Jones and he wins, you'd profit $100. If Jones were to lose though, you'd lose the full $825. If you were to bet on Gustafsson at +702, you would would win $7.02 for every $1 you bet. So if you bet $100 on Gus and he wins the fight, you will profit $702. If Gus were to lose the fight, you'd lose your original $100 bet.
More from Bloody Elbow:
- UFC 165: Jones vs. Gustafsson staff picks and predictions
- Daily MMA 9/20: UFC 165 workouts, staredowns and interviews (Jones, Gustafsson, Schaub, Mitrione)
- ESPN reporter says Gatorade allowing Jon Jones to wear logo at UFC 165, but no pay involved
- White: Penn facing 'Liddell' situation, Mir and Overeem in 'do or die' fight
- UFC 165: Renan Barao vs. Eddie Wineland Preview and the Prognostication