The UFC 164 Pay Per View delivered in pretty much every way possible, and no fight more so than the main event between Ben Henderson and Anthony Pettis. Fans were fairly split on who would take the fight with Henderson a narrow favorite on fight night. It turns out that while Henderson started strong he had little answer for Pettis once the fighters separated at range. Brent Brookhouse had the play-by-play.
UFC Lightweight Championship: Ben Henderson vs. Anthony Pettis - Round 1 - Henderson inside right way trying for the takedown. He can't get it as Pettis pulls him up. Leg kick by Henderson and another takedown attempt. Henderson with small kicks to the leg as he clinches but goes nowhere. Now a body kick by Pettis. Another body kick by Pettis lands very hard. Another body kick. And another. And another. This is a great strategy. Pettis tries some weird handstand kick and gets taken down. Pettis with an armbar! Henderson tapped! Anthony Pettis wins by submission (armbar), round 1.
More from Bloody Elbow:
- UFC 164 results: Josh Barnett stops Frank Mir early
- UFC 164 results: Chad Mendes scores TKO victory over Clay Guida
- UFC 164 results: Ben Rothwell stops Brandon Vera in the third round
- UFC 164 results: Dustin Poirier scores decision win over Erik Koch
- Bad Boy Presents Bloody Elbow Radio - Episode 287: UFC 164 Results Review