UFC Featherweight Chan Sung Jung's bad luck wasn't limited to dislocating his shoulder in his title shot loss to champ Jose Aldo at UFC 163. Mike Chiappetta is reporting that Aldo also smashed "The Korean Zombie's" orbital bone.
Jung was coming off a 15-month layoff for shoulder surgery before UFC 163. According to Jung's manager, the Zombie will be seeing doctors in his native South Korea who will examine his injuries and give a prognosis for how long he'll be away from the Octagon.
Jung isn't the first mixed martial artist to break his orbital bone on an opponent's fists. Josh Koscheck suffered the same fate in a title shot against Welterweight champ Georges St. Pierre. Light Heavyweights Brandon Vera and Kyle Kingsbury have also endured orbital bone injuries.
More from Bloody Elbow:
- MMA Fan's Guide to Grappling: Sambo
- The Ultimate Fighter 19 tryouts set for August 27th, middleweights and light heavyweights will be featured
- Chael Sonnen's licensing fate to be determined at meeting Thursday; facing complaints from 'activist groups'
- Daily MMA 8/7: Sonnen on Jones vs. Gustafsson and Shogun/Vitor, Rousey's memorable chat, more
- Interview with Catch Wrestling instructor Kris Iatskevich at NY Combat Sambo