Welcome back to yet another episode of the Old School MMA Review! Join The Fight Nerd and Zane Simon as we leap back into the octagon to continue our in-depth journey down SEG UFC memory lane. This time, we look at "UFC 5: Return of the Beast", which sees Dan Severn maul his way to the top of the eight-man tournament, the debut of Oleg Taktarov, the mystery of Andy Anderson solved at last, SAFTA in action, and the anti-climatic ending to the Royce Gracie and Ken Shamrock feud.
Speaking of, Zane and I debate about who truly won that infamous first-ever superfight in the UFC, and it's time for the people to weigh in, such as viewers like you. Think of it like a PBS pledge but without the tote bags. Vote in our poll and decide who, if anyone, should have walked away as the inaugural UFC Superfight Champ!
More from Bloody Elbow:
- Florida stops MMA bout between fighters with Down's syndrome and cerebral palsy
- Bec 'Rowdy' Hyatt shares her story of domestic violence for Fighters Against Child Abuse Australia
- Dana White vlog for UFC Fight Night 26: Shogun vs. Sonnen, episode 1
- Eddie Alvarez and management looking to settle with Bellator
- Sara McMann out of UFC Fight Night bout with Sarah Kaufman