It should never come as a huge surprise when a teammate defends one of his own, even in an individual sport like MMA. But it seems that Brandon Vera may have taken it a little further than most would when it came to his assessment of Brian Stann's work as color commentator at UFC 163. Vera, who is a teammate of Phil Davis at Alliance MMA, was not impressed with Stann's comments during Mr. Wonderful's bout with Lyoto Machida. He took to twitter to voice his opinion on the situation:
@philmrwonderful super awesome job boss...!!!!! U are the man!!! Fuck you @brianstann learn how to be an unbiased commentator bitch. Don't #hate cuz he beat Ur ass too!!!
The last part is clearly a reference to Davis' win over Stann back in 2010, which served as Davis' first fight in the UFC. Personally I didn't find Stann's analysis to be all that biased at all, though Vera isn't the only person to bring it up. I just thought he called the fight the way I saw it - as a clear Machida victory. But you're never going to please everyone I guess.
More from Bloody Elbow:
- UFC 163 Fight Video: Jose Aldo retains title after Chan Sung Jung Injury
- UFC 163 results: Lyoto Machida vs. Phil Davis full fight video highlights online
- UFC 163 results: Jose Aldo vs. Chan Sung Jung full fight video highlights online
- UFC 163: The controversial Lyoto Machida vs. Phil Davis Scorecards
- Glover Teixeira to challenge UFC 165 winner for Light Heavyweight title with win over Ryan Bader