The co-main event bout at UFC 163 was easily the most controversial of the evening. Phil Davis managed to pick up a unanimous decision victory over Lyoto Machida, skating by on a couple of takedowns late in rounds. Most fans and media seemed to disagree with the decision, but it stands nonetheless. You can check out the video highlights of the fight above, and read Brent Brookhouse's description of the final round below.
Round 3 - Davis with a flurry and he's just having to chase still. If he could get a takedown with some time, things could get interesting. Leg kick by Davis. Machida lands as Davis is coming in for a shot and Machida has Davis' back. Davis gets loose but takes a kick to the body. Machida with a hard left. Machida defends a deep Davis takedown attempt. Machida lands another hard counter as Davis throws a body kick. Davis tries for a takedown and Machida defends it very well again. 10-9 Machida.
More from Bloody Elbow:
- Glover Teixeira to challenge UFC 165 winner for Light Heavyweight title with win over Ryan Bader
- UFC 163 results: Jose Aldo hurt foot early in fight, not sure about moving to 155
- UFC 163 results: Perosh, Moraes, McCall, and Santos take home $50K bonuses
- UFC 163: Aldo vs Korean Zombie results and post fight analysis
- UFC 163 results: Chan Sung Jung suffers dislocated shoulder in loss to Jose Aldo