Cezar Ferreira hasn't fought since he won the middleweight portion of The Ultimate Fighter Brazil 1. It was worth the wait. Mutante was taking on TUF Brazil 2 welterweight and late replacement Thiago Santos, and it turned out to be a total mismatch. Mutante won the bout in just 47 seconds with a guillotine choke.
Ferreira came out with a couple of small leg kicks, then cracked Santos with an overhand right that sent Santos staggering back to the corner he just came out of. Mutante hit him a couple more time, then locked up a guillotine. Santos tried to roll through a couple of times, but Ferreira squeezed and Santos tapped pretty quickly.
Mutante improves to 2-0 in the UFC, while Santos dropped his debut bout. It'd be nice to see Ferreira meet Daniel Sarafian next, since they were supposed to meet in the TUF Brazil finals before Sarafian got hurt. As for Santos, he'll undoubtedly be going back to 170 for his next bout.
More from Bloody Elbow:
- UFC 163 results: Amanda Nunes stops Sheila Gaff with elbows
- UFC 163 results: Sergio Moraes submits Neil Magny early
- UFC 163 results: Ian McCall takes decision over Iliarde Santos
- UFC 163 results: Rani Yahya takes decision over Josh Clopton
- UFC 163 results: Francimar Barroso decisions Ednaldo Oliveira