Amanda Nunes and Sheila Gaff faced off in the only women's bout on the UFC 163 card, and it was Nunes that impressed. After showing off some solid ground work, the Brazilian fighter dropped some nasty elbows on Gaff's face, to the point that the fight was stopped. The win came at the 2:08 mark of the very first round.
They tried to brawl right away, but Gaff then took it to the ground and looked for a choke. Nunes got up and got her own takedown. She popped out to side, and right over into mount. Gaff was able to escape and get up, but got taken down once again. Nunes bombed away with elbows that hurt Gaff, and forced the referee to jump in and stop it.
The 25-year-old Nunes was making her UFC debut after fighting for Strikeforce and Invicta. Gaff has now lost two in a row in the UFC and might be on her way out of the promotion.
More from Bloody Elbow:
- UFC 163 results: Amanda Nunes stops Sheila Gaff with elbows
- UFC 163 results: Sergio Moraes submits Neil Magny early
- UFC 163 results: Ian McCall takes decision over Iliarde Santos
- UFC 163 results: Rani Yahya takes decision over Josh Clopton
- UFC 163 results: Francimar Barroso decisions Ednaldo Oliveira