Sergio Moraes has a lethal ground game, and UFC 163 opponent Neil Magny said that he had no intention of testing Moraes' skills there. Well, that didn't go as planned for Magny. After a nice takedown, Moraes put his world-class BJJ chops to the test and earned a beautiful triangle choke finish. The tap came at 3:13 of round one.
Magny looked to use his reach advantage early with some jabs, while Moraes was looking to land with wide hooks. Moraes hit a lovely inside trip takedown. Moraes moved to side, then mount. He looked to lock up a triangle quickly and opened up with elbows. Moraes rolled over, and got the tap. Just beautiful stuff.
Moraes has now won two bouts in a row in the UFC after dropping his debut in the TUF Brazil 1 middleweight final. Magny drops to 1-1 in the UFC with the loss.
More from Bloody Elbow:
- UFC 163 results: Amanda Nunes stops Sheila Gaff with elbows
- UFC 163 results: Sergio Moraes submits Neil Magny early
- UFC 163 results: Ian McCall takes decision over Iliarde Santos
- UFC 163 results: Rani Yahya takes decision over Josh Clopton
- UFC 163 results: Francimar Barroso decisions Ednaldo Oliveira