It didn't take long for UFC 163 to have it's first stoppage. In the opening bout of the night, TUF Brazil 2 competitor Viscardi Andrade stopped Bristol Marunde with strikes just 96 seconds into their welterweight bout. Marunde never really got anything going before he got dropped a couple of times, and the end came quickly after the second one.
The fight got off to a cautious start, with Viscarde landing the early strikes. Viscarde landed a big combo that dropped Marunde not very far in. Marunde managed to recover and push away, but when he returned 5to his feet he got clubbered with a left behind the ear that put him down again. Marunde grabbed the referee's leg while he stopped the fight.
Viscarde, a TUF Brazil 2 semi-finalist, picked up his first UFC win with the TKO. Marunde dropped to 0-2 in the organization and might be looking for work after that performance.
More from Bloody Elbow:
- UFC 163 results: Amanda Nunes stops Sheila Gaff with elbows
- UFC 163 results: Sergio Moraes submits Neil Magny early
- UFC 163 results: Ian McCall takes decision over Iliarde Santos
- UFC 163 results: Rani Yahya takes decision over Josh Clopton
- UFC 163 results: Francimar Barroso decisions Ednaldo Oliveira