Heading into his UFC Fight Night 27: Condit vs. Kampmann co-main event bout against Donald Cerrone, Rafael dos Anjos has a secret weapon: the four titanium plates that hold his jaw bone together. Dos Anjos' jaw was shattered by Clay Guida at their UFC 107 bout in 2010. Since then, according to RDA, at least two opponents have injured their hands punching his bionic bone.
Here's what dos Anjos told MMA Junkie:
"That break happened when we were openly trading during the first minute of our fight," dos Anjos said. "He broke my mandible in two parts, but I kept on fighting.
"Nowadays, I have 20 screws and four titanium plates. Since then I broke two hands with my chin: (Gleison) Tibau's and (Anthony) Njokuani's."
I wonder if Greg Jackson has a game plan worked up for Cerrone to deal with the jaw of doom?
More from Bloody Elbow:
- UFC Fight Night: Condit vs. Kampmann 2 - Live results and play-by-play for preliminary card
- UFC Fight Night 27: Carlos Condit vs. Martin Kampmann Dissection
- UFC Fight Night 27: Jason High 'I think I came out a little too hot in my last fight'
- Bloody Elbow August 2013 Meta-Rankings: Flyweight
- Duke Roufus thinks Anthony Pettis has Ben Henderson's number, Henderson has gotten 'worse at striking'