The inaugural UFC event on Fox Sports 1 had it's share of possible fighter injuries. Here is a quick run-down as shared by various sources throughout the evening.
- Conor McGregor injured his knee during his bout with Max Holloway. He stated that he felt a pop in the knee followed by a "wobbly" sensation. In a post-fight interview, he was asked how bad his knee was, and his reply was "it's real unsteady." The fact that he heard a pop, followed by a sensation of instability that has persisted is concerning, but nothing more will be known until he has an MRI and physician exam.
- In the same Tweet about McGregor's possible knee injury, Dana White noted that Max Holloway may have a fractured foot.
- In the post-fight interview with Rogan, Urijah Faber mentioned the possibility of a jaw injury, and he at first thought his jaw was broken.
- Diego Brandao may have a fractured hand.
- Following his upset win over Uriah Hall, John Howard was seen limping badly, being helped by a friend, as he walked to the dressing rooms.
Finally, the best injury report of the night came via Twitter.
@MMAInjury And Reem had a compound fracture of his soul.— Jamie Tysseling (@Dudepuncher) August 18, 2013
Hopefully more information will follow over the next few days to clarify the extent of these injuries.