UFC on Fox 8 marked the promotion's first and only visit to the state of Washington this year. On July 27 in the Key Arena in Seattle, Demetrious Johnson successfully defended his Flyweight title against contender John Moraga. The win was Johnson's second since winning the belt at UFC 152.
Following the bout, both headlining fighters submitted to and passed a post-fight drug test give by the Washington Department of Licensing. As reported by MMA Junkie, two other main card fighters were tested in Rory MacDonald and Jessica Andrade. On the preliminary card, Mac Danzig, Daron Cruickshank, Ed Herman, Germaine de Randamie, Aaron Riley, and Yaotzin Meza were also tested. No fighter failed their test.
More from Bloody Elbow:
- Daily MMA 8/14: Full McGregor vs. Brimage fight, Urijah vs. Uriah dance-off, Rampage on Mayweather and RJJ
- UFC Fight Night 26: Fox Sports 1 Preliminary Card Prognostications Part Deux
- UFC Fight Night: Shogun vs. Sonnen - Michael Johnson vs. Joe Lauzon Dissection
- Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira wants UFC 168 return against Stefan Struve
- UFC Fight Night: Shogun vs. Sonnen fight card - previews, predictions and analysis