Another installment of the MMA Tete-A-Tete: Coarsening the Discourse has arrived. Eugene S. Robinson, author of Fight: Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About Ass-Kicking but Were Afraid You'd Get Your Ass Kicked for Asking, is Kid Nate's counterpart for this edition.
As always if you enjoy this sort of gum flapping, subscribe to the MMA Nation YouTube channel. Subscribers are the only ones who can watch us shoot these things live.
Topics discussed include:
- Which bouts on the UFC on Fox 8: Johnson vs. Moraga card we care about and we make picks for some of them too.
- The ongoing discussion of low UFC fighter pay and the UFC's use of Chuck Liddell as a spokesman on the topic.
- Thousands of random asides including a Miester Eckhart reference
- The UFC's upcoming move to Fox Sports 1.
- Rory MacDonald and some thoughts on sociopathy.
- Low buy rates for UFC 161 and whether that's on the UFC or Rashad Evans and Dan Henderson.