In which I offer my post-fight review and analysis of UFC 160 from top to bottom and add a lot of extraneous thoughts.
If you like this sort of thing, subscribe to MMA Nation on YouTube and get all of my videos as soon as they're uploaded.
- How a card with so many great fights could end up being such a crappy viewing experience
Too many ads on Fuel plus too many fights shown twice make for a long evening filled with deadspots that sucked much of the fun out of some really good MMA action. Let us pray that FS 1 will have a better slate of advertisers. Thate M&M's Meat Loaf ad alone is criminally bad.
- The great grappling showcased on the card
- Pretty much just a facts review of the card, sorry for those who were wanting me to get cosmic again.
- Star reviews for each fight on the card from the beginning of the Facebook prelims to the end of the Fuel TV headliner
- Some potshots at the tired, stale, played-out why won't it die Ultimate Fighter reality show format.
- Speculation on what the hell happened to Feijao.
Fabricio Werdum def. Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira via Submission (Armbar) RD 2 @ 2:41
Thiago Silva def. Rafael Cavalcante via KO (Punches) RD 1 @ 4:29
Erick Silva def. Jason High via Submission (Reverse Triangle Armbar) RD 1 @ 1:11
Daniel Sarafian def. Eddie Mendez via Submission (Arm-Triangle Choke) RD 1 @ 2:20
Rony Jason def. Mike Wilkinson via Technical Submission (Triangle Choke) RD 1 @ 1:24
Preliminary card (Facebook, YouTube)
Raphael Assuncao def. Vaughan Lee via Submission (Armbar) RD 2 @ 1:51
Felipe Arantes def. Godofredo Castro via TKO (Elbows and Punches) RD 1 @ 3:32
Ildemar Alcantara def. Leandro Silva via Decision (Unanimous)
Rodrigo Damm def. Mizuto Hirota Decision (Split)
Caio Magalhaes def. Karlos Vemola via Submission (Rear-Naked Choke) RD 2 @ 2:49
Antonio Braga Neto def. Anthony Smith via Submission (Kneebar) RD 1 @ 1:52