We've got a non-UFC weekend coming and it is time for some fun.
Nick Diaz's first attempt at fight promoting will be happening this weekend with War MMA, which is being promoted as an organization that will "bring back fighting to MMA". And there have been several rule changes that are meant to help promote action. The fights will take place in a ring instead of a cage, and there are no elbows strikes to the head on the ground. Both changes are meant to help eliminate stalling and encourage more action.
Personally I don't think those two rules will really make any difference as elbows actually help finish fights and the ring, as shown time and again, is pretty terrible for MMA.
So what rule changes would really spice up the MMA experience? I will modestly propose a few that would ideal for a Nick Diaz run promotion:
- A fighter calling their opponent a "bitch" will be factored into scoring
- No Cesar Gracie trained fighter can lose a decision, because fuck that shit, they didn't lose
- When doing a post fight interview no fighter should make eye contact with the interviewer
- If a fight is ruled a draw a winner will be determined by a melee between the two fighter's corners
- Any fighter who is found to have under the allowed limit of marijuana metabolites will be instructed to go smoke a fatty and try again.
Alright that is all I got off the top of my head, your turn.