I'm back with another installment of the MMA Tete-A-Tete: Coarsening the Discourse. Eugene S. Robinson author of Fight: Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About Ass-Kicking but Were Afraid You'd Get Your Ass Kicked for Askingis my counter-part for this edition.
As always if you enjoy this sort of gum flapping, subscribe to the MMA Nation YouTube channel. Subscribers are the only ones who can watch us shoot these things live.
Topics covered include:
- Eugene's difficulty in getting Jon Jones for an interview for a major fashion magazine. He says that even Prince was easier to work with.
- Josh Thomson's self-immolation via social media
- Chael Sonnen and whether or not his act is played out (calling out LeBron James? really?)
- Roy Nelson calling Daniel Cormier an "uncle Tom"
- UFC 161 gets the patented care/don't care treatment and shockingly doesn't fare too well.